Monday, May 25, 2009

more dresses

Its amazing how quickly you can make a simple summer dress when you have access to a serger. Im borrowing one from my neighboor. Theyre great because they finish everything so cleanly, but theyre also ridiculously easy to make a mistake with. And finding the right tension can be a pain as well, but otherwise, very helpful. It only took me a couple hours to make a cute stretch dress, that I plan on wearing to school tomorow. Just adding the finishing touches with the belt.



I sewed the sleeve hems and then entire bottom hem by hand, because I dont have a special walking foot for my machine, so I didnt want it to be pulled funny. It took for ever sewing a blind hem all along the bottom by hand. Not sure whether thats dedication, or insanity. Maybe a little bit of both.


And also on my to do list for today, putting the ends on a bunch of seed bead woven braclets that I made with my mom and my sister. Now we just have to find a place to sell them.

No comments:

Post a Comment